Clairbourn’s Preschool Program is designed to encourage children’s natural love of learning in an environment where they feel comfortable, confident, secure, and intellectually engaged.
Education in the preschool years involves preparing a foundation for children’s learning and sets the stage for a positive approach to education which is a vital ingredient of school readiness. Children in our preschool program are ready to enter kindergarten with a positive self-concept, the spirit of inquiry, and critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
Characteristics Of The Program
- Developmentally appropriate and intentional teaching practices that include the
introduction of pre-academic skills and background knowledge
- Teacher-directed and child-initiated activities that promote a positive approach to learning
- A focus on the whole child, including language, cognitive, social/emotional, physical, and spiritual development
- Classrooms filled with a wide variety of learning materials, from books
and blocks to state-of-the-art technology used to enhance the learning
- A focus on the acquisition and application of universal values as guided
by the Clairbourn Code of Ethics which includes honesty, respect, responsibility,
citizenship, and spirituality.
- A enjoyable, nurturing, safe, and beautiful environment