JOB TITLE: Health Office Attendant
Reports To: Administrative Assistant
Job Posting Date: 11-01-2018
Job Start Date: 1-07-2019
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- BA/BS degree preferred
- Experience of 3-5 years preferred
- Test for tuberculosis not more than one year prior to or seven days after employment
- Documentation of a Department of Justice criminal record clearance or exemption as required by law
- Certified in CPR & First Aid
- Mandarin and English fluency preferable
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
(Other duties may be assigned)
First Aid and Emergencies:
- Administers general first aid for injuries or illness to students in need during regular office hours. Contacts guardians when appropriate.
- Oversees completion of Student Accident Reports.
- Maintains First Aid Supplies.
- Coordinates medical/first aid training for all campus personnel.
- Maintains first aid emergency backpacks for each classroom, MPB, Reception, Maintenance, Transportation Vehicles, Head of School, Assistant Head, Lower School Director, and Business Office.
- Maintains complete and accurate emergency release authorization information of students.
- Coordinates faculty and staff TB testing when required.
- Coordinates lice checks.
- Performs data entry into Magnus Health and distributes digital and paper forms for parents to update prior to school.
- Maintains all the Health Records of all current students in accordance with laws of the State of California. File reports required by law.
- Schedules check-ups and manages any contagious conditions that are presented during the school year in accordance with the laws of the State of California and Head of School.
- Collects all required health information for new student files.
- Collects proof of immunization records as required by State of California, Department of Public Health.
- Keeps current files on any medications kept by the Health Office. Administers all medication according to doctor’s script.
Lost and Found – Articles:
- Manages the Lost and Found items.
- Maintains the lending uniform storage.
- Donates items not claimed.
Field Trip Coordination:
- Processes Field Trip Permission Forms.
- Arranges for transportation for field trips and other events as requested.
General Administration Support:
- Provides maintenance of forms.
- Assists in summer mailings, maintenance of records, and other general tasks.
- Acts as a backup for reception and supports transportation process.
- Creates new folders for incoming students.
Clairbourn seeks individuals who support our tradition of strong academics in a context of ethical and spiritual values including honesty, respect, responsibility, spirituality, and citizenship.
Hourly wage is commensurate with skills and experience with a generous benefit package including health, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, and retirement benefits. This is an 11 month position. The position is available in January.
Submit letter of interest, resume, and letters of recommendation to the Assistant Head of School, via email at email@example.com
About Clairbourn School:
Clairbourn School is a coeducational, private school for students in preschool through middle school (JPK-8th) that has continuously served the greater Pasadena area since 1926. We are known for excellent academics, our welcoming community, our attractive campus, and a strong record of sending graduates to top area high schools.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Clairbourn School is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Clairbourn is committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in school operations. Clairbourn prohibits unlawful discrimination against any job applicant, employee or unpaid intern by any employee of the School, including supervisors and coworkers.