Clairbourn School is hiring a Maintenance Worker.
This is a non-exempt hourly position.
Reports to: Director of Facilities and Security
Job Description for Maintenance Worker
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English at a level necessary for clear communication within the community.
- Must have a minimum of three years’ experience in a trade (e.g., plumbing, painting, carpentry, masonry/concrete/tile, window glazing, electrical, mechanical, HVAC systems, roof repair, plastering/spackling, field/playground maintenance, furniture repair, and small engine repair).
- Must be knowledgeable of methods, materials, tools, and equipment used; ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Must be able to lift, stoop, and climb as required by the job.
- Have excellent integrity and demonstrate good moral character and initiative.
- Must possess a valid California Driver’s License and have an acceptable driving record for insurability.
- Provide evidence that a criminal record history check has been conducted and clearance has been given by the Department of Justice.
- Provide evidence that health is adequate to fulfill the job functions and responsibilities, with reasonable accommodation.
- Pass the State required Mantoux Intradermal Tuberculin Test (TB Test).
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Maintain all campus areas as needed with a focus on safety.
- Perform general maintenance and repair tasks in a variety of areas and as assigned.
- Maintain campus irrigation system in good working condition, including but not limited to: replacing heads, testing entire systems, setting all controls, making adjustments for weather conditions, reporting all malfunctions and ensuring adequate coverage.
- Perform regular inspections of equipment and systems, reporting any abnormalities and hazards immediately.
- Operate and maintain in a safe and operational condition all tools and equipment necessary to carry out job functions and responsibilities.
- Respond to emergency situations and perform necessary repairs.
- Recommend repairs or procedures that are beyond the scope of responsibilities, skill, or experience, outlining the work needed and specifications required of an outside contractor.
- Report immediately any damage or vandalism to facilities, or theft of equipment.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude, appropriate attire and grooming, and an effective work ethic.
- Perform any duties and responsibilities that are within the scope of employment, as assigned by the supervisors, and not otherwise prohibited by law or regulation.
General Duties, Obligations, and Requirements:
- Display a cooperative and pleasant attitude at all times, particularly when in the presence of staff, students, and community visitors.
- Perform all duties as assigned by the Director of Facilities and/or the Head of School in times of emergency including but not limited to: fire, earthquake, lock-down, medical emergency, or accident.
- Maintain open, friendly, and proactive communication with the Director of Facilities, keeping him informed of all substantive matters relating to the campus grounds and operations.
- Inform the Director of Facilities of any occasion requiring absence from the campus including but not limited to: errands, lunch breaks, or personal business.
While reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with a disability to perform the essential responsibilities and functions of the job, the following physical requirements will include and are not limited to:
- Strength to lift items needed to perform the functions of the job.
- Ability to sit, stand and walk for required periods of time.
- Ability to speak and hear.
- Ability to use close vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception along with the ability to focus vision.
- Ability to reach with hands and arms.
- Ability to use hands and fingers to handle objects and operate tools, computers, and/or controls.
Clairbourn seeks individuals who support our tradition of strong academics in a context of ethical and spiritual values including honesty, respect, responsibility, spirituality, and citizenship.
Wage is commensurate with experience. We also offer a generous benefit package including health, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, and retirement benefits.
Submit letter of interest, resume, and letters of recommendation
to the Director of Facilities and Security, Mr. Ryan Morehouse, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
. You may also submit the information in person at the office or by mail.
Clairbourn School is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Clairbourn is committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in school operations. Clairbourn prohibits unlawful discrimination against any job applicant, employee or unpaid intern by any employee of the School, including supervisors and coworkers.