February 18, 2021
Location: San Gabriel, California
Type: Full Time - Elementary Classroom TeacherClairbourn School is hiring a full-time Elementary Classroom Teacher. Contract to begin August 1, 2021.
Requirements and Qualifications
Successful candidates will possess the following attributes:
- BA/BS degree
- Teaching credential and/or Master’s degree preferred
- Teaching experience of 3-5 years preferred
- Test for tuberculosis not more than one year prior to or seven days after employment
- Documentation of a Department of Justice criminal record clearance or exemption as required by law
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High energy level, creativity, and flexibility
- Positive attitude
- Ability to work collaboratively with other faculty to plan and implement curriculum
- Ability to teach all content areas at the assigned grade level: language arts, math, social studies, and science
- Ability to foster critical thinking, problem solving, independence, and ethics in students
- Experience with integrating technology in the classroom including interactive whiteboards, iPads, or laptops.
- Ability to successfully develop and maintain positive relationships with students, colleagues, and school families
- Willingness to support the philosophy of the school
Clairbourn seeks individuals who support our tradition of strong academics in a context of ethical and spiritual values including honesty, respect, responsibility, spirituality, and citizenship. Our mission is Creating Scholars and Leaders with Heart.
Salary competitive and is commensurate with education, skills, and experience with a generous benefit package including health, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, and retirement benefits.
Application Process:Submit letter of interest, resume, and letters of recommendation as a single pdf
to Janet Taylor, Assistant Head of School, via email at email@example.com
Clairbourn School is a coeducational, private school for students in preschool through middle school (JPK-8th) that has continuously served the greater Pasadena area since 1926. We are known for excellent academics, our welcoming community, our attractive campus, and a strong record of sending graduates to top area high schools.
Clairbourn School is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Clairbourn is committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in school operations. Clairbourn prohibits unlawful discrimination against any job applicant, employee or unpaid intern by any employee of the School, including supervisors and coworkers.